Beat the heat with this simple, delicious, frozen lemonade pie. It takes very few ingredients, and just minutes to put together. A few hours in the freezer, and you have a refreshing dessert to serve, that doesn’t require heating up your oven and home.
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Frozen lemonade pie should be a summer staple in your home, let me tell you why. It is so delicious, so refreshing, yet incredibly simple to make. It also requires very few ingredients, which is another bonus with grocery prices soaring.
Plus, when you are trying to beat that summer heat wave, not only is the dessert refreshing to eat, but it is refreshing to make. Why? Because it is one of the few pies you can make without having to turn on your oven and heat up your house.
You can make a regular lemonade pie, or a pink lemonade pie, both are incredible. Then you can top them however you wish to go with any theme. It is just an all around summer crowd pleaser, so let’s get started!
(THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY IS LONG & BORING BUT, YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.)
What You Will Need
This pie takes very few ingredients, and very few tools. So what do you need?
Lemonade Pie Ingredients
- Country Time Lemonade Mix– You can make this pie in regular lemonade flavor or pink lemonade flavor. Both are delicious!
- Water– To mix with your Country Time Mix
- Ice Cream– Just plain vanilla is best to let the lemonade flavor shine through.
- Cool Whip-I recommend not going generic with this ingredient, some fake whipped toppings are just not as creamy as the real thing.
- Prepared Graham Cracker Pie Crust– What ever brand you prefer.
- Your Preferred Toppings-This pie is delicious all on its own, but you can add toppings if you wish. I used lemon slices and extra whipped topping. Blueberries would be another great choice for the regular lemonade pie. Strawberries or raspberries on the pink lemonade pie would be beautiful and tasty.
You will need a few things to make your pies. The pie crust acts as the container for your pie, so you don’t need anything special for that. If you wanted to put a fancier pie plate underneath, you absolutely could. Here is what you will need.
- Measuring Cups– I bought my Cuisinart set from Amazon. They are Stainless Steel, so they will last for years to come.
- Large Bowl– You will only need one large bowl for this recipe, which means less dishes! If you need a good mixing bowl set, these nesting bowls by Glad are a great choice. They take up less space, have an area you can grip easily, and an easy pour spout.
- Large Spoon– You will be mixing ingredients until smooth, so a larger, strong spoon is helpful. This spoon from OXO is a great option if you don’t have a good mixing spoon. It is a good size for mixing, and serving.
- Freezer– Make sure you set up a space in your freezer where your pie can set up, sitting flat for at least 4 hours.
Making Your Lemonade Pie
Here are the steps to making your pie. It comes together very quickly, so make sure you have already made the room in your freezer where your pie will set up.
Measure out and mix together 1/3 cup of your lemonade mix (regular or pink lemonade) with 1/2 cup of water. Mix in your bowl until all the powder is dissolved.
Now, add two cups of vanilla ice cream into your lemonade mixture. Stir this together until there are no large lumps of ice cream and everything looks smooth.
Empty the entire Cool Whip container into your lemonade/ice cream mixture and stir it all together until the texture is the same throughout. It should be nice and creamy!
Pour the mixture into your graham cracker pie crust and then smooth it with your spoon. (Do not overfill. Toss or eat any extra so your pie doesn’t overflow in your freezer.)
Your pie should now look about like this.
Put your pie in the freezer for at least 4 hours so it can set up. Once it is frozen you will be able to add your topping and then serve your pie.
It Really Is That Easy
You are probably thinking that there is no way a pie that is this easy to make is actually good, but it really, really is. I served both just this week at a family dinner and every adult asked for seconds (the kids were too busy playing).
It was also a split decision on which pie was the favorite, so both regular and pink pies are tasty.
Remember, you can decorate and garnish them however you wish. With extra whipped topping, with mint leaves, or with fruit. I have even seen a few with yellow or pink sprinkles. You could make the garnish to your taste, or to match your decor.
Just remember these are frozen pies, so once everyone is served, make sure you put any leftovers back in the freezer so they don’t melt. If you are saving any for more than one day, I would also cover the pie just so it doesn’t get freezer burn.
Now that you have seen how easy these no-bake frozen pies can be, when are you going to try one? Make sure you make one before these hot summer months are over. And get creative with the garnish to make it even more fun.
We hope you enjoy this refreshing treat, and let us know what you did to make your pie stand a stand out in the comments below.
Frozen Lemonade Pie
- 1 set measuring cups
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 large spoon
- 1 freezer
- 1/3 cup Lemonade powder mix I used country time
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 whole Graham cracker pie crust
- Measure out and mix together 1/3 cup of your lemonade mix (regular or pink lemonade) with 1/2 cup of water. Mix in your bowl until all the powder is dissolved.
- Now, add two cups of vanilla ice cream into your lemonade mixture. Stir this together until there are no large lumps of ice cream and everything looks smooth.
- Empty the entire Cool Whip container into your lemonade/ice cream mixture and stir it all together until the texture is the same throughout. It should be nice and creamy!
- Pour the mixture into your graham cracker pie crust and then smooth it with your spoon. (Do not overfill. Toss or eat any extra so your pie doesn’t overflow in your freezer.)
- Put the pie in the freezer for at least 4 hours so it can set up.
- Once it's frozen you will be able to add your toppings and serve your pie.