This Killer Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich combines some of your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers into one easy to make, mouthwatering sandwich.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any extra for making a purchase through these links but we earn a commission for purchases made through links. You can read more about it in our full disclosure.
Killer Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich
Back in the day, I used to work at a little sandwich shop. I still use some of my sandwich making skills today to make some pretty amazing paninis. I’ll have to share some of those recipes later.
Today I’m going to reveal the recipe for one of the most ordered sandwiches from the shop. Our Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich was made a million times a day or at least that’s what it seemed like.
I never actually had this particular turkey sandwich when I worked at the shop but every year around Thanksgiving time, I think about the popularity of the sandwich. Once, I finally tried this turkey sandwich, I was hooked! You won’t believe how absolutely delicious it is!
It can be made year round but it’s a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. You can definitely use canned cranberries and deli turkey but nothing beats the real, home cooked stuff.
If you haven’t tried making your own cranberry sauce for your Thanksgiving feast, you should definitely give it a try this year. It’s so easy to make. The best part is the sauce can be made a day or two before the big event. I’ll be sharing my recipe for homemade cranberries soon.
Update – Grab the Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce Sauce recipe HERE!
Why do I love Cranberry, Cream Cheese, Turkey Sandwiches so much?
- They are soooooo good! Seriously, I’m really bummed I didn’t try these earlier. I guess all those customers really knew what they were talking about.
- Super easy to throw together when you’re tired from all the Thanksgiving cooking and activities from the day before. Finish up with Black Friday shopping then come home and slap one of these together.
- Another way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers in a different way.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER!
Ingredients for Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich
- Turkey Slices – good quality deli turkey can be used (it’s what we used at the sandwich shop) but home cooked turkey takes this to a whole new level.
- Cranberry Sauce – Again canned cranberry sauce will work for this sandwich but homemade is even better.
- Cream Cheese – I use whipped cream cheese when making these because it spreads so much easier and is so creamy.
- Bread – We used sourdough at the shop but you can use what ever bread sounds best to you. I used ciabatta rolls this time around and they were great but my favorite is sliced brioche. The bread is nice and thick and a bit sweet which goes so well with the cranberries and cream cheese. It’s almost like eating a stuffed French Toast sandwich. Basically, amazing! Leftover Thanksgiving rolls would work too.
How to Make a Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich
- Grab all your ingredients.
- Place turkey slices on the bottom piece of bread or roll.
- Spread whipped cream cheese on your top piece of bread. You can make the cream cheese as thick as you like.
- Spoon cranberry sauce on top of your turkey.
- Then top the sandwich off with your cream cheese covered piece.
You can eat this sandwich cold or warm. When I use a roll I eat this sandwich cold but when I use brioche bread, I like the sandwich warmed up.
First, I butter the bread and toast it on a griddle. Then, I make the sandwich same as above. Last, I pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds just to heat things through. It’s a bit of extra work but it only takes a couple minutes longer and is seriously the best!
I hope you give the recipe a try this year. Don’t be like me and wait years before enjoying a Cranberry, Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich. I promise you’ll be glad you gave it a go.
Killer Cranberry Cream Cheese Turkey Sandwich
- 2 slices bread Use your favorite bread or leftover rolls
- 2-3 slices turkey
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce homemade is best but you can use a slice or two of the canned stuff
- 1 tbsp cream cheese whipped is my favorite
- Grab your ingredients.
- Place a couple of turkey slices on the bottom piece of bread.
- Spread a thick layer of cream cheese on your top piece of bread.
- Spoon cranberry sauce on top of turkey and top with your cream cheese, top bread piece. The cream cheese will help keep cranberry sauce in place.
- These can be a little messy to eat so grab a napkin and enjoy!