This stylish DIY Clay Diffuser Necklace for essential oils makes the perfect custom gift. It’s incredibly frugal and easy to create so make one for yourself while your at it! Bring your favorite essential oils with you everywhere. Who doesn’t need a little aroma therapy on the go?
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any extra for making a purchase through these links but we earn a commission for purchases made through links. This helps keep the blog running which we really appreciate! You can read more about it in our full disclosure.
DIY Clay Diffuser Necklace for Essential Oils
Teacher appreciation week is coming up and I love to have my kids make things for their teachers. This DIY Clay Diffuser Necklace for Essential Oils is the perfect gift for your child/ren to help out with.
I love teacher appreciate week. I’m one of those crazy people who goes all out. The truth of the matter is, teachers don’t get paid enough! As time goes on, there is more and more they have to deal with that makes their jobs harder. I like to spoil them when I can and teacher appreciation week is the perfect time.
I am an over achiever and I like to give them a present EVERY day that week. One present is to always bring them lunch one day that week. I also try and include their PE teacher, art teacher and music teacher with ONE gift that week. I do not do one everyday for them. I’m not THAT crazy.
I also like to include my kids. I think the teachers like it when the kid can help because let’s face it, that’s why they are teachers! It’s about the kids. It is also a plus if the gift my kiddo makes them isn’t something they are just going to throw away.
Some Gift Ideas
There are so many sugar scrubs, bath salts and bath bombs that are so easy for kids to throw together and still tell the teacher they made it (or at least helped). I also have the kids write their teachers cards or notes to go with each gift. This is just me of course, but I think MOST teachers deserve it.
If you need some more ideas check out our Gift Guide board on Pinterest. We’ve gathered a ton of great ideas for teacher gifts. Some are buy while others are DIY.
Every year I go nuts trying to come up with presents and wait until the last minute to do this. Not this year, folks! We have three weeks or so to get some things worked on.
I like to try and keep things original too. This time around I decided on something non-traditional. Hopefully it’s not something teachers get many of, if any at all. This year I choose a DIY Clay Diffuser Necklaces.
DIY Clay Diffuser Necklace: SUPPLIES
- necklace piece (leather, chain, plastic)
- accent pieces optional (beads, charms)
- stamps, lace, jewelry to make impressions
- toothpick or pen cap for creating your hole
- essential oils
What Type of Clay to Use
This set of Oven Bake Clay Kit is great because it comes with 24 colors that are easily blend-able to give you lots of color possibilities. Plus, it’s non-toxic which is great since your kids will be working with it
Homemade Clay Necklace
Using Stamps To Create a Pattern
You can stamp a design, word, or initials. This is why a DIY Clay Diffuser Necklace is so fun to make! It’s so versatile. The kids can get really creative and the necklace can be made for each teacher’s interests in mind.
DIY Clay Diffuser Necklace: HOW TO
- If you are a first timer, I suggest taking a toothpick and poking a hole towards the top and moving it around a bit to open it up a little. This is super easy and after it is baked or air dried, you can thread something through it.
- I also happen to be a craft addict and had necklace backs on hand so I planned on glueing one to the back of the grey medallion I made.
- A pen cap can be used to create a much larger hole. This is for decorative purposely only.
I did all three choice so you can see what they look like. Check out the photos below. Which ever way you think looks better or easier, DO IT THAT WAY! HaHa! I just wanted to give you a variety of options.
DIY Clay Diffuser Necklace: THE RESULTS
DIY Clay Diffuser Necklace: ESSENTIAL OILS TO USE
Essential Oil Blends
- Cheer Up Buttercup! Essential Oil Blend – Citrus with light herbal aroma for uplifting, refreshing, energizing benefits
- Clear The Air Essential Oil Blend – Fresh Mint aroma for purifying, cleansing, refreshing benefits
- Peace and Harmony Essential Oil Blend – Minty floral herb aroma for centering, calming, balancing benefit
- Nature’s Shield Oil Blend – Protective Blend compared to Thieves Oil
- Smiles for Miles Essential Oil Blend – Citrus, vanilla, & warm spice blend for uplifting benefits
How cute are those bottles? Any teacher would love to get one with their beautiful necklace.
You’d need to buy bottles if you want to make your own blend to give to a teacher. Then you could use these adorable labels for each bottle giving even more personal touches to the gift.