These 40 Decluttering & Minimalism Quotes are the perfect inspiration you need to get a jump start on the simple life you crave!
(THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY IS LONG & BORING BUT, YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.)
Declutter & Minimalist Quotes that Inspire Change
I’m always pinning minimalism and decluttering quotes on Pinterest so I decided to gather up my favorites and throw them into one post. I love how a simple quote can give me some much inspiration.
It’s incredible how just a couple words can spark something within me enough to make me get off my butt and do something.
Now, I know decluttering doesn’t mean you’ll automatically become a minimalist but the quotes for both seem to go hand in hand. It’s all about reducing and getting rid of the clutter in your life.
That’s what we want to help you with because we can really see a change in our lives as we’ve gone through the decluttering processes.
You can pin your favorite decluttering or minimalism quotes to Pinterest if you want or look for some fun printables you can grab towards the end of this post. Bring on the motivation!
Encouraging Decluttering Quotes
If you dream of living a more minimal life style then you’ll most likely need to start by decluttering. We fill our homes with so much stuff that we can’t fit it all in.
According to New Home Source, “The average size of new homes built in the United States grew 62 percent from 1,660 square feet in 1973 to 2,687 square feet in 2015, an increase of 1,027 square feet, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.”
Our families aren’t getting bigger so why the need for more space? While there are lots of reasons people might want extra space at home, we tend to fill the space with stuff we don’t always need.
When it no longer fits in the home, it goes to the garage. Growing up we never parked a car in the garage because it was always full of stuff. What happens when the garage is full? We spend even more money on a storage unit.
If any of this is sounding familiar then I hope these decluttering quotes will give you the inspiration you need to get rid of that clutter.
1. I’d rather have extra space & extra time than extra stuff.
2. Fill your life with lots of experiences, not lots of things. Have incredible stories to tell, not clutter in your closets.
3. Owning less is better than organizing more.
4. Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. -William Morris
5. For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned. -Benjamin Franklin
6. Look around. All that clutter used to be money.
7. If you’ve had something for 6 months and it’s still not repaired, it’s clutter. -Gretchen Rubin
8. Never organize what you can discard.
9. If it serves no purpose in your life and you don’t love it, get rid of it.
10. For the longest time, I thought I need to be more organized. Now I know I just needed less stuff.
11. Never underestimate the importance of abandoning crap you don’t need.
12. Our memories are within us, not within our things.
13. You don’t need more space, you need less stuff.
14. Organized clutter is still clutter. Get rid of it.
15. Your home is living space. Not storage space.
Minimalism Quotes to Inspire More Intentional Living
Minimalism is more than just decluttering the possessions that are taking up too much space in your home. It’s also about not giving into materialism. It’s living with less.
Does decluttering help? Absolutely! I’ve found the more I declutter the more time I have for more important things in my life. I spend less time cleaning and organizing.
Having a minimalist mindset has helped me buy less stuff. It’s kept me from filling up my days so I have more time to do the things I love. It’s saved me money.
Hopefully, at least one of these minimalism quotes will strike a cord with you and give you the encouragement you need to find your own direction when it comes to minimalism.
16. We don’t buy things with money, we buy them with hours from our lives.
17. Don’t go broke trying to look rich, act your wage.
18. My goal is to build a life I don’t need a vacation from. – Rob Hill Sr
19. I make myself rich by making my wants few. -Henry David Thoreau
20. It cost $0.00 to be grateful for what you already have.
21. Life improves dramatically when the pursuit of consumerism is removed.
22. Instead of figuring out how to make ends meet, work on having fewer ends.
23. It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits. -Charles A Jaffe
24. He who buys what he does not need, steals from himself. -Swedish proverb
25. People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.
26. Small homes make wallets fatter, material possessions fewer, relationships stronger, conversations easier, laughter louder, cleaning time shorter, and fun times longer.
27. The long term peace of less, surpasses the short term thrill of more.
28. You might get 85 years on this planet—don’t spend 65 paying off a lifestyle you can’t afford. -Cait Flanders
29. It’s not a good deal if you don’t need it.
30. Once you need less. You will have more.
31. Minimalism is not about having less. It’s about making room for more of what matters.
32. Strive not to get more done, but to have less to do. -Francine Jay
33. The world will try to tell you that you need stuff to be somebody. Don’t listen.
34. The goal of minimalism, let’s remember, is not just to own less stuff. The goal of minimalism is to unburden our lives so we can accomplish more.
35. When you love what you have, you have everything you need.
36. The benefits of owning less are far greater than just a clean home. They also include focus, freedom, peace, and more passion for life.
37. All you need is less.
38. Buy Less, Choose well. -Vivienne Westwood
39. Minimalism is asking why before you buy.
40. Collect moments, not things.
Minimalism and Decluttering Adult Coloring Pages
Hopefully, you found some minimalism and decluttering quotes in here that you love and will encourage you to make some changes in your life. Decluttering has never been anything but good in my life.
Once the clutter from around the house is gone, a minimalist mindset has helped me to buy less stuff. It’s also encouraged me to slow down a bit and to live with more intention.
Decluttering can be stressful so when you need to take a break, color one of these fun adult coloring pages. The theme will help you stay in your minimalism mindset but will give you the calming break you need.
Or maybe you need a day to day reminder of your minimalism journey. Print out and color one of these three minimalism adult coloring pages and place it somewhere you will see it regularly.
I have one on the front of my home binder so I can look at it every day. It helps me remember what my decluttering goal is on a daily basis.
If you already receive our newsletters in your inbox then you’re super awesome and can download and then print these for free from the Printables Library. If you want to print these and other cute and helpful printables then you just need to sign up below!
We just started a decluttering challenge on Jan 1st. We’re only a couple challenges in so if you want to join us check out the post HERE. If you’ve landed here a bit late, that’s ok. Take the challenge anyway. It’s easy enough to follow along on your own.