Quotes are a great way to get a new perspective on life. We have compiled a list of thankful quotes to help you reflect on this last year and look forward to another one.
(THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY IS LONG & BORING BUT, YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.)
Being Grateful For Another Year Of Life
Sometimes life can be hard. The end of the year is a great time for reflections. When we reflect on things, we can grow. The world likes to focus on the negative, but let’s focus on the positive instead.
Another year of life is a blessing. Especially with the amount of sickness and disease going around these days. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone. Let’s celebrate this last year while looking forward to the New Year.
I have complied this list of thankful quotes to uplift you and help you look forward to another year of life! A new day is a wonderful thing.
This upcoming year will hopefully bring true happiness, good health, great things, loving family members, great friends and an attitude of gratitude.
Blessed for Another Year of Life Quotes
- “I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, I am happy and I am loved.” -Reba McEntire
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more.” -Melody Beattie
- “Always be thankful for the little things. Even smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views.” Nyki Mack
- “To be thankful for one thing is infinitely more powerful than to be bitter about a hundred things.” -Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Saying thank you is more than good manners, it is also good spirituality.” – Alfred Painter
- “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” – Hannah Whitall Smith
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
- “When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” -Shauna Niequist
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it, is like wrapping a present and never giving it.” -William Arthur Ward
- “Gratitude is the single most important ingredient to living a successful and fulfilled life.” – Jack Canfield
- “Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality, likes that turned into love.” -Unknown
- “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different.” -C.S. Lewis
- “Today I choose to live with gratitude for the love that is in my heart, the peace that rests within my spirit, and the voice of hope that says all things are possible.” -Anonymous
- “You Ought to be thankful a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not!” -Dr. Seuss
- “Family is not the most important thing. It’s everything” – Michael J. Fox
- “Whatever happened over this past year, be thankful for where it brought you. Where you are is where you were meant to be.” -anonymous
- “The future belongs to those who prepare today.” -Malcom X
- “Gratefulness heightens awareness.” – A.D. Posey
- “We can’t always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispositions which appear dark and frowning.” – Albert Barnes
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” -John F. Kennedy
- “We don’t need more to be thankful for, we just need to be more thankful.” – Carlos Castaneda
- “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
- “Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciations, and neighbors build their philosophy of life.” A.J. Cronin
- “You are where you are in life because of what you believe is possible for yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Have the wisdom to perceive all there is to be thankful for, and then be thankful for the wisdom to perceive things so clearly.” -Richelle E. Goodrich
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jeremiah 29:11
- “Reflect upon your present blessing- of which every man has many -not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” -Charles Dickens
- “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us be thankful.” – Budda
- “Whatever we are waiting for- peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance- it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “It is not how much we do but how much love we put into doing it.” -Mother Theresa
- “Gratitude is one of the most medicinal emotions we can feel. It elevates our moods and fills us with job.” -Sara Avant Stover
- “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out, and the tide of love rushes in.” -Kristin Armstrong
- “When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.” -Tecumseh
- “Those who leave everything in God’s hand will eventually see God’s hand in everything.” -anonymous
- “You need to decide that no matter how difficult the path ahead seems, you will push past your anxiety and keep on stepping.” Oprah Winfrey
- “Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutralizer of envy, hostility, worry and irritation. It is savoring; it is not taking things for granted; it is present-oriented.” – Sonja Lyubomirsky
- “Forget yesterday- it has already forgotten you. Don’t sweat tomorrow- you haven’t even met yet. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift- today.” -Steve Maraboli
- “Gratitude goes beyond the ‘mine’ and ‘thine’ and claims the truth that all of life is a pure gift.” -Henri J.M. Nouwen
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayers. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” -Maya Angelou
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” -Denis Waitley
- “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness- it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” -Eileen Caddy
- “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
- “Accept- then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally; not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.” -Eckhart Tolle
- “What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.” -Meister Eckhart
- “Awareness is all about restoring your freedom to choose what you want instead of what your past imposes on you.” -Deepak Chopra
- “Joy and woe are woven fine, A clothing for the soul devine: Under every grief and pine, runs a joy with silken twine. It is right it should be so; Man was made for joy and woe; And when this we rightly know, safely through the world we go.” -William Blake
- “The tragedy of life is what dies inside of a man while he lives.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Always dream and shoot higher than you know you can do. Don’t bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.” – William Faulkner
- “God does not give us everything we want, but he does fulfill his promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to himself.” -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Our worst fears, like our greatest hopes, are not outside our powers, and we can come in the end to triumph over the former and to achieve the latter.” -Marcel Proust
- “Crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive.” -Charlotte Brontë
Celebrating Another Year of Life
Here, at We Three Shanes, it is our hope that we may all live another year of life and that we can be thankful and blessed in all things.
May we learn to slow down and enjoy the moments as they come. May we learn to live with less so we can more greatly appreciate what we have. May we all give back and love one another the best way we know how.
I’m grateful to be alive today and to another year of existence.
Hopefully you enjoy these gratitude quotes and found them helpful for you to look forward to another beautiful year of life! Did you have a favorite quote from this list? Let us know in the comments which one jumped out at you.