What are the best, affordable beauty and personal products that you can find at the drugstore or on Amazon? We have done the research for you and are ready to spill the tea. Keep reading for our picks and bonus tips and tricks.
This post contains affiliate links. You won’t pay any extra for making a purchase through these links but we earn a commission for purchases made through links. You can read more about it in our full disclosure.
Who doesn’t like affordable beauty?
Even as a young girl, I loved affordable beauty products. I hardly had any money, so a lot of the time, dollar store powder and lipstick were my jam. As I got older, my taste got more discerning, but I still like to find a great deal.
So today I am sharing with you my absolute favorite affordable beauty and personal care products that you can find either at the drugstore, or on Amazon. These are my holy grail, ride or die items, so let’s get started!
Drugstore Affordable Beauty Must-Haves
These are my absolute favorite affordable makeup beauty items that you can find at most drugstores, or you can get them delivered right to your home using the Amazon links.
Beauty Products for Your Face
- Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour Makeup. This is what I use as my base for a quick face. I make sure my face is well moisturized before applying, and I apply with a brush (that I will talk about in the brush section). I use the normal to dry formula because I like it to give my skin a more dewy look (but it also comes in a formula for oily skin if you prefer).
There are lots of color choices, so you are sure to find a shade that works for you. This stuff has an SPF of 20 so you get a little protection with it. This makeup is easy to apply, goes on smooth, and gives me decent coverage and color correction without looking cakey. It is like my skin, only better, and it really does last all day. Affordable beauty that preforms like it should cost way more.
- Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Under-Eye Concealer. I really like this concealer. It has it’s own applicator on the product, and that makes it quick and easy. I usually use a makeup sponge to apply it, but I have also done it with my finger, and that still worked well.
It blends well, while still keeping my circles covered. If you need something with even more coverage, then the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser is also a good choice. Seems like Maybelline has really figured out concealers.
- Revlon Photoready Blush. I love a cream blush, they blend better, and it makes it easier to layer and get just the right color. Creams just look better on aging skin since it does blend instead of sitting on top and looking cakey.
You can apply this blush with a brush or your fingers. Another close second for me is also by Revlon, and it is the Photoready, but in a stick called Insta-Blush. With this one you just use the stick right on your skin and then blend with a brush, sponge, or your fingers.
- Pacifica Neutralizing Mineral Mattifier. This is what I use as my powder to set my face. It is a clean product with no parabens and is cruelty free, yet it is still affordable. It has minimal color, so it just keeps my makeup set, and keeps me from getting any shine on my T-zone. I apply with a large powder brush, and get it from Target.
Best Beauty Products for Eyes and Lips
- Maybelline New York Makeup Expert Wear Twin Eyebrow Pencils. This is an affordable beauty item if there ever was one. I have been using this eyebrow pencil for well over 10 years. It goes on smooth, and stays well, but is easy to correct if needed. It works amazing and you get 2 in a pack for UNDER $3!! Holy grail indeed!
- Covergirl Eye Enhancers Eyeshadow. I like this eyeshadow trio because you get three great colors to blend with a little shimmer. They go on nice, blend easily, and stay well.
- Revlon So Fierce! Vinyl Eyeliner. This is a pencil eyeliner that goes on so smooth, you would think there is no way it will stay in place…but it does! The smoothness with which it glides make application really easy.
- Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink. This is an amazing lip color that when applied right will stay with you all day. I don’t like my lips to feel dry, so I use the Covergirl Outlast All Day Topcoat over it, and it still last ALL DAY! All you have to do is put it on dry, clean lips. Let the formula dry completely, and then once dry, you can add the topcoat.
Make sure you use a topcoat made for longwear lipstick, because regular lip balm will wear it down. But like I said, I have had no problem when I use it with the Covergirl topcoat, and it is really affordable. Another great thing about these long wear lip colors, is they make lip liner unnecessary, saving you even more money.
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color. This is a good second choice if you don’t like the dryer feeling of a Matte formula. This one does come with it’s own topcoat, and will last a long time, I just found for me it doesn’t last quite as long as the Matte Formula. But I think this option has colors that are more wearable with my light skin tone, so I do own quite a few.
Affordable Drugstore Hair Must-Haves
These are my affordable drugstore hair must-haves. If you are finishing your fresh do, or trying to revive that second day hair, we have you covered.
- Got2b gluded blasting FREEZE SPRAY. I have been using this hair spray for years! Anytime I try something else I am always disappointed. It tames frizz and flyaways with ease and holds up-dos with no problem.
I have also used this on my boys hair, and it would hold their hair though a school day, and not many hairsprays can do that. When using it on my boys, I would combine it with there style spiking glue on wet hair, and then use the blasting freeze spray after for all day hold.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo. If you are trying to work with second day hair, for the price I don’t think you can beat Batiste. It comes in lots of scents to make you hair smell yummy, instead of greasy. There is even a dark formula for those of you that have darker hair and don’t want any white residue.
While using Batiste, make sure you do keep it at least 6 inches from your head, and let it sit for a full minute. This gives it time to absorb the oil. I like to then work it in a little with my fingers before brushing it out.
- Pantene Curl Affair. What if you are trying to work with second day hair, but you are a curly girl? Then Pantene has your back. This cream formula rehydrates your curls so you can give them a fresh scrunch. And like most Pantene products, it smells amazing, so your second day hair smells like just showered hair.
Affordable Beauty Brushes
If you are going to put on your money-saving makeup well, you will need some affordable, amazing brushes. We have three drugstore favorites and one from Amazon.
Favorite Affordable Drugstore Beauty Brushes, e.l.f.
E.l.f. brushes are great because they work well at an affordable price. I also like that they hold up well when washed. (I do this in my hand with diluted Castile soap because it is gentle.)
- E.l.f .Powder Brush. This is the brush I use to put on the Pacifica powder. It is large enough to pick up enough powder, yet not deposit it in a clump.
- E.l.f. Ultimate Blending Brush. This is the brush I use for cream blush. It is big, but not too big. Gives a good light bounce on the blush so you can pick up just the right amount.
- E.l.f. Contouring Brush. I use this brush when I want to add a little contouring powder or bronzer to my face. I don’t do this often being I am usually about doing a quick face, so I didn’t add bronzer or highlighter to my makeup must haves, but it is still a good brush to have when you want to go all out.
Favorite Affordable Beauty Brush from Amazon
This beauty brush is best seller and now I understand why. It blends my liquid makeup on with ease. And with how often it has to be washed, it is keeping it’s shape. Great brush for a great value.
- Keshima Flat Top Kabuki Foundation Brush. As stated above, foundation brushes can take a beating with working with thick liquid makeup day in and day out. I wash this brush a lot, and it keeps on kicking while giving me well blended amazing coverage. It is a super dense brush, so it keeps makeup from going on patchy so you get that flawless look.
Favorite Affordable Drugstore Personal Products
While these affordable extras aren’t makeup, they do help you look and smell your best, and they are still favorites!
- Native Deodorant in Charcoal. This is the best natural, aluminum free deodorant I have found that is available at drugstores, and I have tried A LOT! This doesn’t have a strong girly smell so it can be used by both men and women. This is just flat out the natural deodorant that last the longest for the best price.
I do like to switch up my deodorant from time to time, so I will say a close second is Ivory Gentle Deodorant in hint of chamomile, and the matching body wash is also devine. Keep in mind, this is a little heavier scented and it is a more feminine scent, so it is not a unisex option. Also for some reason the Ivory products are not affordable through Amazon, so make sure if you want to try them, to pick them up from the drugstore.
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dry nail polish. Now, you know I love some Color Street nails on the toes, because they will last at least a full month, but there are time in our lives where we just fail to prepare properly. A spring weather day sneaks up on us and we want to wear flip flops, but our toes are not prepared. This polish will get those tootsies looking amazing in record time so you aren’t walking around like a penguin for half and hour.
- Ed Hardy Eau De Parfum Spray by Christian Audigier ( also known as Love Kills Slowly). There is just something about this scent. It is beautiful without being overpowering. It is sweet without being “sugary”. I get more compliments with this scent than most, and yet it is so affordable. Smells way more expensive than it is.
Favorite Affordable Beauty Products From Amazon
If you were wondering why anything lash related wasn’t in the drugstore makeup section, it’s because when it comes to my lashes I am Amazon all the way. And I have also found the most affordable way to keep me acne free is from an amazingly affordable product I also get from Amazon, and that makes my affordable drugstore makeup look even better.
- Show Lash. This is an eyelash serum that helps you grow stronger, longer lashes. I have used Babe Lash previously, and had success for years, but I had found I wasn’t getting the same effect I had in the past lately.
I gave Show Lash a try, and have been impressed. Both products are amazing, I think my lashes just needed a little kick in the pants with a switch up. Now while these are not as cheap as lots of products on this list, I still consider them affordable compared to getting your lashes done and having to do fills. Plus lash extensions can actually damage your natural lashes.
- Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara. I used to have a favorite mascara from Covergirl that I loved. When they stopped making it, I tried tons of mascaras trying to get the same effect…no seriously, so many. None came close until I found this mascara from Japan. It is a dryer formula, which I like, because it doesn’t weigh my lashes down. They stay up all day long.
- Acne Free Terminator 10. This is an acne product I use in conjunction with my regular True Love Skin Care routine. My son also uses it. It helps keep those breakouts at bay, but is crazy affordable. It can be drying, so make sure you use a good moisturizer with it.
Affordable Beauty With-in Our Reach
While it can be fun to save up for a luxury item, we all love a good bargain. I am thankful there are good products out there that do compare to those items you can only get at department store.
When I was younger, I couldn’t wait to get something from the beauty counter at a department store. Now, I love to find an affordable product that works just as well even more. And when I find one of those items, I love sharing my success with my friends and family.