Gently draw out toxins from your body with this easy DIY Detox Clay Foot Mask & Soak Recipe. Relieve stress while getting feet summer ready!
(THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY IS LONG & BORING BUT, YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.)
DIY Detox Clay Foot Mask & Soak Recipe
Summer is upon us. I don’t know about you guys but my feet are NOT ready yet. I have lots of dead skin and some cracking on my heels. What better way to remedy this than by doing a DIY detox clay foot mask and soak?
This is such a simple process with very little ingredients. It’s a nice way to relax, draw toxins out of the body, and come away with soft, flip flop ready feet.
Ingredients Need for Your Foot Mask & Soak
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Bentonite Clay
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
- Hot Water
- a basin or bowl big enough to soak your feet in
Apple Cider Vinegar will soften and moisturize the skin on your feet. It makes it easier to exfoliate those dried, cracked heels and remove calluses. Anti-fungal properties will also freshen feet by getting rid of any athlete’s foot or gross toe fungus.
Bentonite Clay forms from volcanic ash and is full of natural minerals like calcium, iron, and magnesium. It’s know for it’s ability to remove toxins from the body & skin. It also moisturizing and creates a barrier over the skin which helps further protect it.
Epsom Salt, also known as magnesium sulfate, is a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. When dissolved in water, epsom salt releases magnesium and sulfur into the water. Magnesium is an important mineral in the body and many people have a magnesium deficiency.
How to Make a Clay Foot Mask & Soak
Here’s what you need to do to make your clay mask and foot soak.
- Start by dissolving 1/2 cup epsom salt in very hot water in your basin or bowl and set it aside.
- Mix 1 TBSP of apple cider vinegar with 2 TBSP bentonite clay in a separate glass or plastic bowl. Because bentonite clay pulls toxins like metals out of our bodies, you should avoid using a metal bowl or spoon while mixing this clay foot mask. It will pull toxins from the metal and make it less effect once you put it on your feet.
- Place wet mixture on the bottom of your feet and let dry, about 10 minutes. You will feel your feet pulsating. That means it is working! Getting all of those toxins out.
- After 10 minutes, place feet in the hot water and let the clay dissolve off of feet while they soak. When you are ready, pull feet out of water and pat dry.
- Use a pumice stone or homemade foot scrub on your feet to get dead skin off.
- Enjoy those soft feet!
Enjoy Soft Feet!
Your feet should now be ready for sandal & flip flop season thanks to this DIY Clay Foot Mask and Soak . You should also be feeling super relaxed.
One last thing, remember to drink lots of water during and after your detox. Any time you do any kind of body detox, you can become dehydrated. Try one of our Infused Water Recipes for some extra flavor and health boost. The lemon ginger water is incredibly refreshing and will help boost your immune system.
Need some cute toe nails this summer? All three of us sisters love using real nail polish strips on our toes. They are incredibly cute and last forever on your toes.
Check out our reviews to see which brand works best for you:
I hope you give this DIY Detox Clay Foot Mask & Soak a try. You’re tired, sad feet will be so happy to feel and look wonderful again!
You Might Also Like:
DIY Detox Clay Foot Mask
- 1 tablespoon not metal
- 1 small bowl not metal
- 1 large bowl or basin for soaking feet
- 1 towel to dry feet off when done
- 1 pumice stone or foot scrub optional but helps exfoliate feet
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp betonite clay
- 1/2 cup epsom salt
- Fill your large bowl or basin with hot water and add the epsom salt. Let the salt disolve while you mix your clay foot mask.
- Mix the bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar together with a plastic or wooden spoon.
- Take a seat by your basin of water and spread the clay mask on the soles of your feet.
- Let the mask dry completely.
- Place your feet in the water and let the mask disolve while you soak.
- Use a pumice stone or foot scrub to exfoliate feet.
- Dry off feet and you're all done!